Saturday, March 26, 2011

Costume Blog

In case you didn't see, I started a new costume blog here on blogger.  I like the layout better than LiveJournal so this is where most of my updates will be!  I will probably make my posts on LJ friends only, so start following me here if you're not on LJ or add me as a friend! :)

Check me out!

Oh, and I will try to be better about updating this blog as well.  I have been woefully remiss.  So why not start now!

Tomorrow I am going to my first meeting of my new book club.  We read "Peace Like a River" and if you haven't read it, you should.  I loved it!  I didn't think I would, but I'm glad to be wrong.  I also quite enjoyed the "western-y" bits, which is one reason I thought I wouldn't like it.  Anyway, should be a good discussion tomorrow, I will have to share if it's interesting.

Other books I've read lately that I love: "Ender's Game"!!  Why had I not read this before?  Oh man, I got totally sucked in.  I think I finished it in about 4 days, which for me is fast, especially as these were weekdays.  I really should start one of the sequels or something, but I'm worried they won't be as good.  If you've read any of them, which should I do?  Are they worth it?

And since I seem to be on a roll, I also read "Matched", which I also really liked.  If you liked "Hunger Games" you might find this kind of similar.  I thought it was a clever idea and it's going to be a series, so more to come!  Always a good thing. :)

Oh yeah, I saw the new Jane Eyre movie.  I'll have to give you my thoughts on that soon...

4 comments:

42 said...

I love Ender's Game! (Sorry, cousin-in-law popping up on your blog.) Tay likes the Ender sequels, but I prefer the parallel series told from Bean's point of view (beginning with Ender's Shadow, although I think they get better deeper into the series). Just a thought.

Carissa Poyfair said...

I really liked Matched too! I'm impatiently waiting for the next one to come out. So can I follow you on Live Journal if I'm not a member of that? I don't know how that works.

Carly said...

Carissa, I'm not sure about following on LJ, but I think they've changed it recently so you can comment even if you're not a member. Either way, it's an RSS feed so you could subscribe to it! But I've been posting more on blogger lately. Thanks for still reading my blog! I read yours too even though I don't comment... :P

Heather - Thanks for the recommendation about Ender's Shadow, etc. I think I will pick up with those when I start again! :)

Jenni said...

Ender's Game is fabulous! I've read the whole series. :)