Sunday, January 13, 2008

A new look for the New Year!

Hi Everyone! I decided it was time for a new look. And it's been no small feat to get it exactly as I want it. But for now, I think I'm pretty happy with it. Let me know what you think!

I have a feeling this year is going to be a really great year. So far, I am LOVING my new position. I don't know why I keep saying "so far", since I don't anticipate ever not loving it, but it just keeps coming out that way. I haven't working on anything particularly exciting yet. Well, my brother-in-law might find them interesting, since he can read Chinese and Korean, but to me, it's just a lot of nothing. But still cool. Working on Asian rare books is very different from Western books, partly because the paper is so thin. So it's been a lot of learning so far.

I also got to assist with an exhibit that's opening on Monday at the Rare Book Library, about new acquisitions. That was awesome, but I was afraid to really touch them, beyond what was necessary. I also was able to see a Presidential Campaign poster for Abraham Lincoln that someone was working on, which I thought was very appropriate considering the campaigning going on right now.

Most of you know, I'm not into politics, but I think I know more right now than I ever have before just because my roommates are really into it. And because of the writers strike, it's not like I have anything else to watch on TV these days.

So I just thought I'd give a short little update, and maybe in the next day or so I can post pictures from my little overnight trip to the Cape last weekend. I can't get my pics to upload or I'd do it now. This weekend has been very laid back, but I've enjoyed it. It's supposed to snow 8-12 inches tonight! If it does, I really hope it's a snow day tomorrow! Getting to work on the bus in that kind of weather is never good!

No comments: