Monday, May 19, 2008

Long time comin'

Ok, I started this yesterday and then got an admonition for my aunt to post, so perfect timing! I know! Sorry it's been almost a month since I last posted! I'm bad. Oh well, I've been busy, having fun as usual, plus getting ready for my big trip, which I am soooo excited for!

London here I come! I leave on Wed and will be there for almost a whole week, I can't wait! I have lots of plans of things to do in London (most of which I never got a chance to do before) including:

Shakespeare's Globe Theater
Buckingham Palace
Harrod's (especially the food level!)
Tower Bridge
Poet's Corner in Westminster Abbey (how did I miss this?)
Peter Pan statue in Hyde Park
Going back to see:
British Library (of course)
British Museum
Victoria & Albert Museum (mostly the historical clothing exhibit)
Museum of London (maybe)
Top Shop
Wagamama's

Plus, I'm going to probably go see Les Mis! I haven't seen this since the last time I was in London, 7 years ago! Wow, I can't believe it's been 7 years. It's been so fun to think and plan about everything I want to do, I've had fun remembering everything I did before. I'm sure it's going to be great.

On Monday I'm renting a CAR! Yikes, I'm a little nervous, but excited to have the freedom to go at my own pace down to the south to visit the school. And guess what? I'm going to go visit Jane Austen's House!! I'm so excited! Especially since I just learned that they are having an exhibit through the end of May of dresses from the new Sense & Sensibility movie which was on Masterpiece! Awesome!

I'm also getting excited and nervous about my interview with the school. I think it will go well, but I'm working on putting together a portfolio to show them now and that's stressful.

Anyway, I'll be sure to post pictures and a recap when I get back, but for now, here's some things I've been up to in the last month:

*Checking out more blooming trees! On Mother's Day we walked around the Mt. Auburn Cemetery and then went to the Arnold Arboretum for "Lilac Day" to have a picnic. It was beautiful and of course all the trees were blooming, so here's some more pics!


My roommie, Abby, and Barbara

Lilacs!
At the cemetery
Beautiful pond at the cemetery

Oh, and here is what the one in front of our house looked like a couple weeks ago! Beautiful!



*Goodbye party for lots of friends, like Kylee (see pics at the party with the link)
*Cheering on my roommates in the Big Lake Half Marathon up at Lake Winnipesaukee (see pictures here)
*Visiting the best circus in town at Laura's Big Top Birthday Bash! (this was an amazing party, I might have to try to procure photos)
*Going to see a couple movies (Made of Honor and What Happen in Vegas)
*Hosting book club at my house (Northanger Abbey) and making fabulous Banoffee Cream Pie!! This is my favorite dessert from England (it's toffee with banana, hence the name) and I've been craving it for 7 years, you don't know how good it tasted when I made it! Heaven! Here's the recipe, if you like sweet, rich desserts, you'll definitely like this. I'm going to try to have some this week and see if turned out like the real thing! (One note on the recipe, I didn't use the coffee, of course, but I used the traditional method of boiling the cans, I used a lid on the pot to prevent the water from evaporating and checked on it every so often, to make sure the cans were still covered. I only used one can for my pie, but boiled four, so now I have tons of toffee to make a spur of the moment pie!)

3 comments:

Derick and Becky said...

WOW! It looks like you have been busy and having fun and look what you have ahead of you! I am so excited for you to go on this trip! Have fun!

paula said...

I am so excited about your trip to England. Check out the bathrooms in Harrod's, too. Also, I saw Les Mis there, too! I loved the rotating stage. Good luck!

Derick and Becky said...

I am anxious to see your pictures! I know you are back so lets see them!! Hope you had fun!