Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More signs of spring

I feel like I'm awaking from a winter funk, or maybe even a hibernation with all the great spring weather (even almost summer-like) we've been having here in Boston lately. Warm weather makes me really really happy. Really, even though I've been frustrated about some things lately, every time I walk outside, I just can't help but smile. I even got some sun this weekend! It's my goal to be "un-pasty" this summer. Not tan, I know that's not really possible for my skin (and also really bad for you), but I just want a little color, a glow, if you will. I'm already on my way and it's only April!



The trees around Harvard are blooming! Another thing that makes me so happy about the arrival of spring and warm weather. I'm hoping to get down to the North End and the Public Gardens soon to see more beautiful spring blooms!

Ok, so I'm feeling random and felt like combining a couple tags that have been floating around my friends blogs in the last little while and make it my own.

5 Things

5 things I'm grateful for right this second:
*the view out my window at work (I love people watching)
*my iPod and rockin' music
*Thai food with friends on a Monday night
*Chick Lit (specifically the historical fiction kind)
*planning my trip to London

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:
*graduating from High School, how crazy is that?
*getting ready to start BYU in the summer
*going to California with my Swing Choir for a competition at Disneyland
*injuring my neck during said trip and having to get wheeled across Disneyland and in front of the Hercules Parade (yeah, embarrassing as it sounds)
*having surgery (luckily not because of said injury)

5 places I've lived:
*London, England
*Anchorage, Alaska
*Salt Lake City, Utah
*Houston, Texas
*Boston, Massachusetts

5 jobs I've had:
*Entertainment & Tour Coordinator at a chocolate factory
*Summer "Intern" on the North Slope
*Project Assistant at law firm
*Manuscript Processor at BYU Library
*Book Conservation Technician

5 of my guiltiest pleasures:
*Reality TV (Beauty & the Geek, The Bachelor, America's Next Top Model)
*old fashioned frosted donuts from Starbucks
*Anything fried, especially fried veggies (aka Tempura)
*Shoe shopping
*Celebrity Gossip Mags

5 places I have to visit one day:
*Egypt
*Italy
*India
*All 50 states, especially Hawaii
*Greece

5 favorite foods (in the last little while):
*Dr. Pepper
*candy (yes this is a food group, I like anything chocolate, gummy, fruity or cinnamon)
*any kind of potatoes, especially garlic mashed
*pesto
*Mango Tango Oddwalla Smoothies

5 things that really annoy me:
*slow walkers that walk in the middle of the sidewalk so you can't pass them without being really rude
*the sound of people chewing with their mouths open
*people who don't turn their cell phones off or on silent during movies, performances or church
*guys who think I want to marry them just because I talk to them
*smokers, tourists (see the slow thing) and rude customer service people
*oh, and not having a car (ok, so I know that was more than 5)

And just so I don't end on a sour note:
5 things on my to do list:
*finish my essays and submit my application for Grad school
*go grocery shopping (I'm going to make this amazing recipe from my new MS Everyday Food, "Spinach and Brie stuffed Chicken", wow I'm excited)
*watch American Idol and the results from DWTS
*iron out some plans about London trip
*pick up books on hold at the Library (said Historical fiction... yay)

Ok, well there you have it. I've fulfilled my need to blog and hope you all enjoyed that. If anyone wants to do this tag, feel free! I will have to post pictures from the party I went to last weekend sometime soon. Adding that to my to-do list right now...

2 comments:

Kristen Wilde said...

I love it that Spring has finally arrived in New England! The trees are really beautiful.
I like pesto too. Mmm . . .

paula said...

OK, Carly, this was a splendid blog but it's time for a new one. (I'm just bored and need some new reading material). Really, I just want to hear how you're doing and what's new. I guess this means the weather is beautiful and you're busy doing other things, right?