Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

So, apparently Boston loves to swing dance as much as BYU. Every Wednesday night at the Boston Harbor Hotel, they have a live band playing out on the dock and swing dancing. It's free, so my friends and I usually head out after institute. The band is great and even though there's not a lot of dance floor for the ammount of people that come out, you can find a spot to swing. It's so amazingly fun. Dancing outside in the warm dark night, looking out onto the water and luxury yahts lined up along the dock. It's gorgeous and I'm addicted. But there's something that has been putting a damper on all the fun. Yep, that's right, the rain. And guess what? It happens to rain a LOT in Boston. The last time we tried to go, two weeks ago, they apparently cancelled it becuase although it wasn't raining when we showed up, alas it had rained earlier in the day. There was no band, and no one dancing. Kind of a dissapointment. So I'm hoping and praying that the rain that's been coming today won't continue through tomorrow. I'm seriously going through Swing Dancing withdrawls (symptoms include itchy feet, uncontrolable leg spasms, and a tendancy to count out loud to self while rehearsing steps in head). I NEED to dance tomorrow. Or I don't know what I'll do. So let's all pray for good weather, cause otherwise I guess I'll just have to fork over a few dollars to dance at MIT, where they also happen to have a dance every Wednesday night. Apparently Boston loves to Swing!

Here are some more pictures from the 4th of July!
Some Patriots congregating outside Fanueil Hall and Quincy Market

The USS Constitution in the Harbor as it turns around on the 4th. It was too far out for us to hear the 21 gun salute they do from the deck, but it was fun to see it!

The Boston Pop's Finale During the song "Stars and Stripes Forever". Such a fun concert, I can't wait until next year!

No comments: