Sunday, August 27, 2006

"I sail! I'm a sailer!!"

I went sailing on Sat. with my friend Lee down on the Charles river. It was such a gorgeous day, which was amazing since it rained all day Friday and has been raining since 1 this afternoon as well! I think it's because Boston loves me... Anyway, sailing is really fun. So is quoting all the sailing movies you can think of while sailing. Like, "That's what a ship is, but what a ship means..." anyone, anyone?? And of course, the ever immortal lines of my subject from "What About Bob?". Good times. And guess what? I got to actually sail the boat. I learned all the fancy jargon, but promptly forgot it, so don't ask me what I actually learned how to do, but it involved turning into and away from the wind and making the boat skim on it's side, which is a lot of fun. So here are some pictures, because really, that's what this blog is all about.
This is a picture from the dock, looking at the Longfellow Bridge:

This is on the boat, looking over the bow(? is that right?). That's the jib mast in the front and the main sail above, with some nice Boston skyline in the background.

This is Jenny taking her turn sailing the boat. It takes a lot of concentration.

Another great view of Boston:

Here we are back near the dock, waiting for the motor boat to come get us. Fun times!!

So what I'm really excited for is that next weekend, for labor day, I'm going to meet my good friend and old roommate, Ashlee Cutler (who now lives in DC), in New York City!! Wahooo!! We are going to have such a blast, seriously, I'm so freaking excited, you don't even know. Well some people might know, since I've been talking about it non-stop for the last week. I'm going to go out and buy a book about NYC just so I know all there is to do and can choose and plan accordingly. Yay for planning. It's good because it's keeping my mind off the fact that next week all my family will be in Utah for my little brothers entrance into the MTC without me. I'm kind of bummed I won't be there with them. Even though there's so many fun things to do in Boston, I've still been homesick every now and then because I miss hanging out with my family (and all my old friends too). So I'm going to have some fun in NYC, and it will be all good. I'm planning on taking the Fung Wah Bus, which is only $15!! You can't even buy gas for that cheap to get to NYC! It's gonna be great. We're going to stay with my cousin Ally Hale, so that will be fun to hang out with her too. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun to share.

No comments: