Thursday, August 3, 2006

It's a blogging frenzy!

First off, a shout out to my good friend Becky Felt:
!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
And also to my sister and brother-in-law, Happy Anniversary yesterday!

Wow, I've been on a blogging kick this week! People aren't going to be able to keep up! But in an effort to share all the fun things I've done since coming to Boston, I figure now is as good a time as any to do it, while there's not too much going on.

I guess I didn't really explain in the last post what I actually did in New York City. It was kind of a random spontaneous adventure on my part. My friend Marie was going to participate in a mass social experiment called the MP3 experiment with a group called Impov Everywhere. It turned out to be sooo much fun! It was held in Central Park and there were around 400 people who participated. To find out more about exactly what we did, check out the website. It was seriously so much fun!
Before getting to central park we took a tour of the U.N. Building which was very informative. After the MP3 Exp. we met up with Marie's friends who live in NYC, Jared and Yancy. They had tickets to a fireside at the Manhattan Stake Center/Temple that Gladys Knight was putting on which was really fun. After some great gospel music, we walked around times square for a bit, where I bought an "I *heart* NY" t-shirt. Then it was off to get the car since we had to pick it up before 9. Then came the really really ridiculously good BBQ.... yummmm.... So that's the short abreviated version. We left at 7 in the morning and got home a 2 am! It was a long day, but totally fun and very worth it.

The weekend after NY, it was a rainy day and we'd planned on going to the Cape, but becuase of the weather we went to Ikea and Nantasket instead. That was fun and random and here's some pics from that.


Richard on the rainy beach testing out the water. Yes, it was cold...


The lady-bug I found crawling on a rock.

No comments: